The latest Age UK campaigns calendar is now available below! Covering national influencing activity by Age UK and upcoming awareness campaigns across October to December, this edition includes details of our upcoming campaigning work over the coming months.
The Calendar is available to download below:
Upcoming Events and Actions
We’ve highlighted below some of the most important events in the calendar that will be coming up over the next few weeks, including some details on the ways you can get involved if you have time:
Malnutrition Awareness Week – 10th to 16th October
- Please share the resources made available on the website and tweet the hashtag – #UKMAW2022
Black History Month – throughout October
- Please look out for and share the three Discover pieces set to go live on our website throughout October.
Carers Leave Private Members Bill – Second reading: 21st October
- The bill will enshrine in employment law the Government’s pledge to provide five days of unpaid carers leave for all unpaid carers.
- If you have time, please write to your MPs to ask and ask them to support the bill.
Debt and mid-term fiscal plan – 31st October
- This has now been brought forward to the 31st October (originally proposed for 23rd November)
- If you have time, please write to your MPs to make clear the need for: benefits to be uprated in line with inflation, targeted funding for NHS and social care, and extended support for energy bills for older and vulnerable people.
Befriending Week – 1st to 7th November
- See if you can put on thank you events for befrienders in your local area.
- Please share resources using the Befriending Networks resource pack and their website and post during the week on socials.
Get in touch!
If you have any questions about our upcoming campaigning and influencing, or if you have any suggestions for future editions of the campaigns calendar, please get in touch with Miles Bassett: firstname.lastname@example.org.