Our multi-award-winning Brand & Fundraising Christmas Campaign is back for 2022! Download a guide to getting involved, plus find out how you can be part of Age UK’s media activity this December.
With Age UK’s Brand & Fundraising Christmas Campaign set to launch on Tuesday 1 November, please read on for ways your organisation can get involved over the festive period. There’s a Christmas Brand & Fundraising Campaign guide to help you prepare as well as ways to get involved in our media activity this December. Read on for full details.
Brand & Fundraising Christmas Campaign Guide
Our multi-award-winning Brand & Fundraising Christmas Campaign is back, launching on Tuesday 1 November 2022! Please find below a guide to help you prepare – with details on the assets you’ll receive from us as well as guidance on storytelling at Christmas, contacting corporates, and promoting your campaign. The guide also contains the findings from our survey following last year’s campaign to show how we’ve adapted the assets we provide following your feedback.
Be part of Age UK’s Christmas Campaign!
As part of this year’s Christmas campaign work, Age UK’s Media team are looking for content to potentially be featured in national newspapers, TV shows, websites and magazines this December.
We know that too many older people find themselves alone, especially so at Christmas time, with nobody to talk to or ask for help, and with the cost of living crisis, this year’s festive period is set to be even harder than usual. Our media work will remind the public that Age UK is there for older people, whether that’s through our national Friendship Services, or Information & Advice, or perhaps through local activity groups and the work of local Age UKs.
Featuring your work and stories in national newspapers or TV reports as part of our PR to support the Christmas campaign will help demonstrate to the public how Age UKs are supporting older people and put your services at the forefront. We will work with the media title to try and get a credit for your organisation in any coverage secured, ensuring that you can benefit from the publicity.
We would work with you and any storytellers to ensure they were happy with each opportunity that came up, and there would be no pressure for people to do anything they weren’t happy about. Any media interviews would be managed by Age UK’s Media Team and storytellers can chose what they are happy to do (i.e. some may prefer to just do telephone interviews or may not want their photo included). Age UK’s Media team will work with you and we will also ensure all safeguarding procedures are adhered to.
Please do get in touch with the Media Team if you can offer:
Storytellers to share their experiences
- Older people who can talk about their positive experiences of the support their Age UK has provided, is a great way of highlighting the benefits and importance of your work to the public.
- To link in with the Christmas campaign, the media would like to hear from older people who have experienced loneliness or feeling alone, and can talk honestly about how that felt. As well as how their local Age UK helped them make new friends, particularly through any befriending services or social activities.
- Volunteer stories are also a great way to highlight the benefits of your services. For example, do you have anybody that is helping out by doing something special this Christmas? Or have any of your volunteers gone above and beyond in their work with older people? If so, please let us know!
- The Media Team are keen to showcase the diverse range of older people that Age UK and local Age UKs support and we are actively looking for people from all ethnicities and backgrounds.
Services and special events running this Christmas
- Are you planning on hosting a carol concert or Christmas party, providing support with Christmas meals or will you be offering phone calls or visits over the festive period? If you are, then we would love to hear from you!
- Do you have any new or interesting group activities you think the media would be interested in? Even if it’s not about Christmas, we’d still like to hear about it!
How to share your stories
To share your stories and content, or find out more please email the Age UK Media team on: Hannah.email@example.com. Thank you for your support!