We wanted to let you know that Crowdfunder UK and Sport England have teamed up to make £7.5 million of match funding available to help the physical activity sector through the ongoing Covid-19 crisis and support the safe return to play. They are encouraging not-for-profit organisations who play an important role in keeping their community physically active to get involved. Applicants must set up a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds that can then by matched by Sport England with funding of up to £10,000.
Active Together is specifically targeted at organisations who have a role in supporting the nation to be active but who are experiencing short-term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing crisis.
For more information about the Active Together fund please follow this link:
Please note: the ‘Pledge Criteria’ taken from their website is as follows:
- If your application is approved, you’ll get match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £10,000.
- To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things (the ‘pledge conditions’):
1) raise at least 25% of your initial target
2) raise this from a minimum number of supporters.
- Following receipt of a pledge you will also need to reach 100% of your initial funding target to receive the funds from Sport England.
- Sport England reserves the right to vary these pledge criteria; projects will be notified if their pledge criteria will vary from the stated terms above.