A quick reminder that applications close on 30th November for the Financial Governance Masterclass Programme, set to be delivered by Moore Kingston Smith in early 2022. This programme is open to all Age UK and Age Cymru Brand Partners and will support up to a total of 16 participants with a maximum of two attendees from each local partner. Find out full details below, including how to apply for a place.
As we start to consider coming out of the pandemic, the Age UK Network is thinking about how to navigate the future. Many Brand Partners have commented to Age UK’s Financial Governance Team about the complexity of this landscape as they try to navigate the competing forces of impact (and meeting older people’s needs) whilst ensuring financial sustainability for the future, especially with changing funding flows.
This virtual masterclass series, held in partnership with Moore Kingston Smith Nonprofit Advisory, will explore the complex financial governance landscape from seven different angles:
- Strategy and competing priorities – Focusing on the right things and the real core issues.
- Impact – Focusing resources and money on the outcomes we achieve for older people and their lives and aligning our money with this.
- Financial Sustainability – Using our money and funding effectively (both unrestricted and restricted funds) to build a business model which balances risk, reserves and long-term sustainability. We will also look at cost recovery and better use of reserves within this.
- Re-imagining services (and developing social businesses) – Re-imagining your work, and specifically the shift towards more earned income models.
- Efficiency – Driving efficiencies through the organisation and its work.
- Fundraising – Making better use of fundraising and ensuring we maximise return on investment.
- Change – Finally, no change can take place without the trustees, management, staff and volunteers being motivated and aligned for the future. The course will focus on change and how to lead in this environment.
The course will be delivered by Moore Kingston Smith Nonprofit Advisory (MKSNA) as a series of morning online / virtual sessions and 1:1 support.
The online sessions will take place over five Thursday mornings between 10 January and 27 February 2022 with a break in between to allow time for follow-up with each Brand Partner’s attendees.
The aim is a facilitated conversation with attendees rather than direct teaching in order to assess what each attendee’s needs really are and provide bespoke help to them.
Benefits of the programme to you
- Develop your knowledge of cutting-edge tools and tactics.
- Create an opportunity for self-reflection and peer-to-peer learning.
Benefits of the programme to your organisation
- Each participant will leave the programme with a framework for creating change in their organisation.
- Drive organisational change by developing new knowledge and skills.
- Generate new thinking about strategy, financial sustainability and growth.
- Develop a set of responses to ensure that your organisation can thrive in a tough operating environment.
Interested? Apply today!
This programme is open to all Age UK and Age Cymru Brand Partners and will support up to a total of 16 participants with a maximum of two attendees from each local partner. We will use the information you set out in the application form below to select the participants.
Please find full details and how to apply below:
Deadline for applications: 5.00pm Tuesday 30th November.