On Wednesday 27th January, we are hosting a Virtual Finance Network meeting (from 11:00 to 13:00) which will include a key presentation from Crowe UK LLP, a leading audit, tax, advisory and risk firm, which manages our Age UK VAT Helpline. Full details can be found in the article below. To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
This meeting will cover a range of current VAT topics:
- Business/non-business and partial exemption – the partial exemption year for 20/21 is going to be very different and VATable income will have taken a steep downward turn, reducing the overhead VAT recoverable.
- Knowing when NOT to pay VAT on certain purchases
- Paying deferred VAT – options and practicalities
- Making Tax Digital – phase 2 roll out and much more. All businesses, even those voluntarily registered, will need to submit digitally from 2022
The meeting will also include the Network Infrastructure Programme where colleagues will share a brief update on their various key workstreams and other work in progress. In particular:
- The new accounting system build with Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire, using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central with the Microsoft Partner, Total Enterprise Solutions (TES)
- The Charitylog links to finance
Time permitting, there will also be an opportunity to raise other finance questions and share common challenges and good practice. If there are any other specific topics you would like to discuss on the day, please raise them prior to the meeting by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We will endeavour to accommodate them or to include them in the February meeting which will focus primarily on financial planning for 2021-22 and consider how to approach a potential ‘new normal’ (date yet to be agreed).