We’re trying out a simpler way to communicate with local partners. We know many of you find it frustrating to have to log into the Loop to view news stories, so we’ve set up this blog to offer you a smoother experience and a better mobile experience. The posts from this blog are compiled into a Daily Email Update which partners can sign up for here. Please get in touch if you have any feedback or questions.
Take a look at the most recent posts from our Daily Email update, or view by category
- November Finance Network Meeting – Save the datePlease save the date for the next Finance Network Meeting on 24th November from 11:00 – 12:30. The topic of this meeting will be “Making Difficult Decisions”.
- Social Care Can’t Wait Campaign – Help get the Chancellor’s attention before the Spending Review!As the Spending Review on 27th October approaches, find out how we can focus the Chancellor’s attention on providing sufficient funding for councils’ social care budgets.
- Walking Football Funding SurveyWould your organisation be interested in applying for a third set of Walking Football Funding in Spring/Summer 2022? Please let us know via this survey.
- Still time to apply for Dementia Programme Grant FundingThere’s still time to apply for the second round of grant funding as part of the Dementia Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (MCST) Programme.
- An update on the 2021 Christmas Fundraising CampaignThis year’s Christmas Fundraising Campaign asks supporters to “Make Christmas a little brighter for a lonely older person”. Find out all the details below, including what you’ll see and where.
- Press Release: Council Tax would have to rise by an average 10% next year to allow social care just to ‘stand still’View the latest press release from Age UK, which urges Chancellor Rishi Sunak to support social care through central government spending, not council tax.